Pawrent Problems: Ticks and Fleas

 If you are a dog parent, you might have experienced or experiencing this misery. Fleas can easily jumped on your pet, they might get it from a flea-infested animal, stray dogs or cats, or from your neighbors' pet.


Fleas may cause itching/skin damage to our pets. My 2 dogs have been infested by flea and the first thing that I did was bathe them and took off fleas by hand. It was tiring because the next day I checked my pets and I found hundreds of ticks and fleas, again! 

I tried using a tick and flea spray. And the results was somehow satisfying since some of the fleas died on my dogs' skin but it doesn't eliminate all the ticks and fleas. We have been dealing with this for a month and our room and some parts of the house were infested too. Yes, I have learned that this pests can hide almost anywhere and are difficult to eradicate.

We also tried to bathe them with lemon grass. Some says that the smell of lemon grass repels ticks. For 2 weeks, nothing happened. 

My husband was very worried because my 2-year old son has fleabites. At first you will confuse it with mosquito bite but fleabites swell up. My son cannot sleep peacefully because of this. 

We are so desperate and have tried most of the advices and tips from the internet and nothing worked. 

Luckily, one of my friends recommended me an effective way of dealing with this infestation. She said that this tablet had miraculously treat her flea-infested pet. We immediately purchased for this tablet and have our pets take them orally. After 24 hours we checked our pets' skin and saw that most of the fleas dried up. I have learned that NexGard have an active ingredient called Afoxolaner which is a powerful nerve agent that cause paralysis on bugs. As soon as fleas bites your pet, it gets a healthy dose of insectiside and eventually die. 

NexGard is a beef flavored chewable tablet that claims to treat tick and flea infestation. It is available online and pet stores.

PROS

• Can easily feed to the dogs since it's beef flavored

• Works after ingested for 24 hours

• EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE

• Each tablet works for 30 days (But as for our dogs, up until now they haven't been infested again)

• Available online and pet stores

CONS

• Pricey

• Each tablet costs P600 to P800 depending on dosage


Note

Tablet dosage depends on your pets weight. And may require a prescription. Better talk to your vet first. However, this treatment is one of the best on the market today. 


Comments

Popular Posts