Moms, we need each other.

This morning I'm just doing my same old routine of house chores and playtime with my son. I told myself that it's another day of 'mommying' again (don't get me wrong, I love doing this).

When I was about to cook our lunch, somehow I got reminded of my friend. I've been thinking how long it was when we last see each other. It hasn't been that long but a lot of things happened already. My mind was telling me to message her and ask how she's been doing and if she needed help with her kids. I was hesitant because as a mom, I think maybe she's busy with her family. But my mind keep having its mental shift to message her so I did. I asked God if it was Him that's pushing me to do this or it's just my mind in control. So what I did was message my friend that I might drop by at her house if the weather will be fine all afternoon.

I am praying for some sign from God if this was His way of talking to me. It was only 9am and we are experiencing some heavy rain here in our country. 

So I continued with my routine and before lunch it rained. It was dark outside and I think of cancelling my plan. But it seems like God is telling me "It's too early, just wait a little". I said to myself to wait until 2pm for the rain to passed. And miraculously, it did! Imagine my amusement to what is happening! I thought that this can't be a coincidence right? 

But I was having a debate with myself whether to go or not (because I'm an introvert, I am used to cancelling plans the last minute because I'm too afraid to go out) my focus shifted to my son and thought that it might be good for him to go out and play with my friend's kid. So we did visit them.

Surprisingly, I didn't feel any anxiety today and I feel happy seeing my friend. We talked for hours while our children play with each other, sharing funny stories about our kids. While we're talking, our topic became serious about life and we shared about our struggles. Turns out, her family was having some financial problems. As I was listening to her I kept thinking that I am really glad to be here for her today. 

It feels good talking to an actual human being without baby talking. Somehow the load of motherhood feels light and I can sense that somehow I make my friend happy by visiting her. I think that God is telling me about what I read last night "Allow God to interrupt your schedule whenever he needs to."

I know God is watching over my friend and used me to be there for her. "He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When others are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us." 

It is true that we need other people in our life at some time. Especially us moms, we need to be there to support each other. 

Me and my son go home walking peacefully. It rained 30 minutes later after we got home. So yeah, it wasn't a coincidence. It was really God talking to me today. 

Comments

Popular Posts