Struggles of a Working Mom

Either you’re a working mom or stay-at-home mom, raising little human beings can literally take up our whole time. I have started working five months ago, and I’m telling you balancing work life and parenting is no joke.



So how do we manage a work-mom life balance?


  • Do not compare

Every parent is different. Some moms are meant to be a full-time moms, some moms don’t have a choice but to make a living for their kids, some moms are career-driven. We are all different. So take off that pressure on yourself and don’t stress when moms have all the time for their kids. Comparison is a thief of joy. 

  • Ask for help

We cannot do it all. But we want to, right? Seek help from your spouse or someone you trust to look after for your kids. When I started to work, I worry about a lot of things about my child. But as time goes by, I see him doing fine with his dad. I’m not worried anymore. Plus I get more kisses from my son because he misses me all day. So it’s a win for me. 

  • Plan and Prepare

I’m an organized mom. Before I go to work, I prepare all the things my child needed for the whole day. It’s helpful to have a checklist or a mini board to write all the agendas, appointments, school schedule or even food menu for your child. 

  • Boundaries

When you’re at work, be at work. When you are home, be at home. This is my mantra. When it is my day off, my full attention is for my son alone. I make sure that we still have that bond and connection. It’s okay to have personal boundaries from work. 


Our children are growing up so quickly. Every phase goes by so quickly and I know that time will come that my child won’t be needing too much from me. Reason why it is important for me to have work-life balance because eventually I’ll have more time to devote to my career when my son grew up. 


So yes, being a working mom is a struggle but we can still be the best mom we can 🤍

Comments

Popular Posts